1. You give us consent
2. What information do we collect?
If you access our products and services (the “Lightship Services”) you agree that we may collect any personal information that you make available to us, including the following information:
- Your first and last name.
- The IP address from which you access our products or services.
- Your contact information, including your telephone number and email address.
- Your current and historical location while tracking is enabled.
- Your occupation.
- Your skills and certifications.
- Sensor data from your mobile device. This includes, but is not limited to, accelerometer and tilt sensor.
- The information of the device you use to access our products and services, including the make, model, and operating system.
- Information contained in cookies, which includes the type of internet browser and operating system you use, the domain name of the websites from which you came, the date and duration of your visit, the number of visit you make, the average time spent on our websites, the pages you view and the number of cookies you have accumulated.
- Any direct messages, events, or information created in, sent, or received by the mobile application, web application, or server. Collectively, this information is often referred to as “log information”.
- Information about the actions you take with respect to our products and services, including the messages you send, the searches you perform, and the tasks you perform through the Lightship Services.
3. Why do we collect it?
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Lightship Services.
- To improve upon the Lightship Services.
- To understand your needs and preferences, including to contact or communicate with you about the Lightship Services.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To detect and protect Lightship against error, fraud, theft, and other illegal activity and to check your compliance with your obligations to Lightship.
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation, or any other type of acquisition, disposal, or financing involving Lightship.
- For any other reasonable purpose that we may indicate to you from time-to-time.
4. Who do we share it with?
You agree that we may disclose your personal information to the following third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your personal information to other companies that provide services to us that are necessary for us to be able to offer the Lightship Services to you. We will only provide those companies with the personal information they need to deliver the service. We will have an agreement with those companies that they must take commercially reasonable measures to secure the personal information and that they will only use it for the service they provide and not for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of the companies and business units that form part of the Lightship group in order to serve you better and to provide you with information about our group’s products and services.
- We may disclose your personal information to a government entity that has the right to obtain the information, or in order to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to Lightship’s legal counsel.
5. Where is it stored?
Your personal information will be stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by Lightship and its service providers. These servers may be located anywhere in the world and by submitting personal information to Lightship you agree to this.
6. How can you access it?
If you send us a written request, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information, and we will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to our Privacy Officer, using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
7. How do we protect it?
We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are reviewed periodically. Only authorized employees and suppliers are granted access by Lightship to your personal information. All of our service providers are required to enter into agreements with us that require the service provider to take commercially reasonably steps to protect your information.
8. How long do we keep it?
We keep your personal information for as long as you are entitled to receive the Lightship Services, and for a reasonable time after that in compliance with applicable laws.
9. It’s your responsibility too.
You are also responsible for protecting your personal information. This means that you agree to secure and keep confidential your user identification and password (your “Credentials”) that are provided for accessing the Lightship Services. You agree not to share your Credentials with anyone.
11. Do you have questions?
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about Lightship’s use of your personal information, you can contact Lightship’s Privacy Officer at:
Lightship Head Office
348 Tranquille Road